Monday, June 23, 2014

Busting

I spent about five hours today working on my bust. I cut it apart and hollowed it out, added ears, and carved in pupils and irises. This is what it looks like now:
20140622_165522.jpg

I think the ears sit back a little too far, but I'm loath to rip them off and do them again because I think they're relatively good for a first ever attempt at ears.
20140622_165514.jpg

This is what she looked like sans ears (and eyebrows)
20140615_123247.jpg

This is Dave's, in progress (sans ears and eyebrows and pupils/irises).
20140622_165641.jpg

I'm sure you can tell without my having to say, but Dave and I used the same model (different clay though). Dave is going to turn his into a chia pet--he cut a hole in the top to add water and is going to scrape grooves into the scalp area to hold seeds--but I've yet to decide what to do with mine. I am decidedly not interested in hair, so I thought I might want to make it a planter, but now I'm thinking of leaving her bald and painting designs, possibly mendhi, all over her head and neck.

After hours of working, we went out to dinner with friends. I like the restaurant we went to even though the food is not great. I had menudo, and they probably didn't parboil the tripe before adding it to the stew, so it had some of that dank taste that people who don't like menudo cite as the main reason for not liking it. But I did finish most of the bowl.

Then we came home and I changed into my pajamas and went almost immediately to bed.


No comments: