Monday, June 16, 2014

Back to It

Dave and I have started back in at the gym. We went Friday evening (the best evening to go) and tonight (the worst evening to go). We're both doing warm-ups on the elliptical trainer followed by about 40-45 minutes of weight training. I was sore on Saturday and Sunday, but less sore today.  I realized that I really enjoy going to the gym, even if getting there is a pain.

The only problem I have now is that I don't have any real gym clothes. Right now I'm just wearing t-shirts and loose fitting nylon capri pants (which are fine in hot weather but stink after a single workout), but I don't have a sports bra that fits, so I'm wearing my regular bra. It's fine, but not nearly as supportive as I want it to be, so I have to get online and order a new one. Really good sports bras in my size run upwards of $100.

This weekend, in addition to the gym and studio, we also went ahead and joined the local CSA. Our first Harvest Box delivery is this coming Saturday. We opted for every other week, but we'll see if we want to move to every week after a couple of deliveries.  This week, we're expecting turnips, avocados, zucchini, broccoli, garlic, nectarines, tomatoes, blueberries, grapes, and kale. Most if not all of it is organic and we don't have to pick it up, it gets delivered to us.

No comments: