Sunday, June 29, 2014

"Hair"-y Bust

From this:
20140627_182135.jpg
To this:
20140629_153626.jpg
The darker clay is a trick of the light--although the second photo is much closer to the actual color o the clay I'm using (a commercially available clay called Annie's Mix).
20140629_153637.jpg
The "hair" is insane, a coral-like conglomeration all over the head. He'll get a collar of tiny seashells as well. And after that, I think it will be finished (except, of course, for the drying, bisquing, glazing and firing).

Tomorrow I'm off to Santa Fe, for a workshop with an artist named Janis Mars Wunderlich. I thoroughly enjoyed this last sculpture workshop and I'm very much looking forward to this next one.

In the middle of all this, a group of us from the studio, have been organizing the studio sale that is to take place on July 12 and 13. It will be a fast, fun sale--I hope. I hope I sell lots, especially considering how much work I've put into all this.

2 comments:

Helen said...

I really like this! I think the hair is very cool.

Enjoy your workshop!

Rosa said...

Hi Helen! Thanks. I just finished the first day of the workshop and I'm exhausted! So fun though. :D