Sunday, June 8, 2014

Ollas

20140606_065614.jpg

That happy little olla face greets us now every time we leave the house.  She's my favorite, so much so that I even made her a few necklaces out of some handmade beads and such.

We planted all the rest of the ollas, too, trying to keep the soil moist in the midst of these 100 degree days we're having from time to time.

20140606_065642.jpg
The ollas we have are meant to last about a year or so in the ground (especially since we don't remove them before the first frost).

We planted the ollas on Friday--?--I think--and on Saturday we went down to the studio to start a sculpture class. The class is covering bust making and both Dave and I are taking it. The first day was about how to build armatures and start establishing the shoulders, neck, and head. The next two classes, over the next two weeks, will be about facial features.  It was interesting, learning something I've never done before.

After class, we went for Chinese food with a couple of friends. I ate way too much.  Four of us ordered four appetizers and six main dishes. We opted to skip desserts, but the restaurant owner brought over a slice of banana-nut bread and four forks.

I had to come home and take a nice long carb-coma nap after that.


No comments: