Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wednesday

I had a dream last night that I was riding around alleyways on my motorcycle. It's the second motorcycle dream I've had since giving away my bike. Someday I'll consider getting another one, I think.

In the dream, the motorcycle I was on was slung much lower than my old bike. The road had that unsettling immediacy that it does when you're riding a motorcycle. I was not wearing a helmet. I turned from major street to alleyway to major street to alleyway.

I woke up with a headache.

I don't think those two things are related. (I think I slept funny on my neck and the tensed muscles gave me a headache.)

In the afternoon, my mother came and picked me up for lunch--a shared blooming onion and ribs at Outback Steakhouse--and then asked her to drop me off at the studio so I could get a small bit of work done.

I gossiped for awhile with the people there, worked a bit on some lanterns that I'm making (some for sale, some for the patio), and looked at my sculpture for a bit. (I think I'm done for the moment, but I'm not sure. There may be something missing--but what?--or it may be that I'm ready to let it dry and be bisqued.

I think I've learned what I can learn from it, so I started a new one. I got as far as roughing in the shoulders, neck, and head before Dave came to pick me up.  I have no real plan for the sculpture. I think I need to pick a model--but I need to challenge myself. Maybe I'll even do a bust of myself. Does that sound narcissistic? Maybe I'll do a male face--though those are less interesting to me than female faces to be honest.)

We left the studio and went out to eat. We went to a new place, a vegan Asian place where we ate shiitake bulgogi and various vegetable sushi rolls. It was good! I haven't had any kind of sushi (save for a few sad avocado and gobo rolls at the now defunct Japanese restaurant we used to frequent) in a long time.

We came home via Whole Foods, where we bought fruits and vegetables and ice cream and a whole host of other things we needed.

Now I'm home, chugging water and hibiscus tea to try to flush some of the salt out of my system.

2 comments:

Ruthy said...

But it was a great lunch, no?
Hope you get inspired by an interesting face;)

Rosa said...

Yes! I love blooming onions and ribs. Too bad my cholesterol count doesn't.

:D