Monday, August 11, 2014

Days of the Dead, Coming

I've got Day of the Dead stuff in all stages of completion. This guy is green, on his first round of underglaze:
20140810_170203.jpg

This sculpture is also green. Dave says it reminds him of cordyceps, a kind of fungus:
20140810_170209.jpg


This crowd are all bisqued, but in various stages. Some were painted and bisqued to cone 3 then painted again. Some were bisqued to cone 06 and then painted and will be bisqued to cone 06 again. They'll all stay in the 06 range now though. They're mainly doing to be wall hangings.

20140810_170217.jpg

This was an experiment in flower making. She's green, but I don't know if I like her enough to continue:

20140810_170229.jpg

We spent the weekend working in the new studio space. (We also went to see Guardians of the Galaxy, which I enjoyed.)  Dave is still working on getting his new wheel, one of the big Lockerbie kick wheels with a reversible engine. I'm happy as a clam--or will be once we get the kiln loaded and fired.

1 comment:

Ruthy said...

How nice that you no longer have to work in the dungeon:) I will start making cup cozies if you still have cups available.
Love you