Saturday, September 20, 2014

Tattoo You

My girl has tattoos now:

20140920_100640.jpg

We fired the kiln to cone 6 today. Well, Dave did, really. I just babysat through part of it. While I was there, I got a lot of work done, carving and painting and such.

20140920_100622.jpg
The tattoos that I painted on my larger piece were not done today, but last weekend. I did them using a book of Sailor Jerry and other old school tatoos and a tissue paper transfer technique that I saw on youtube.  After she's fired, I'm going to haze out the tattoos with sponged on white underglaze and then send her through the kiln yet again. I like the idea of ghostly tattoos on the calavera girls.

And Christmas is coming so I carved and painted these today.  They'll go in the next bisque kiln.
20140920_100553.jpg

Tomorrow we'll open the kiln and see what kind of messes we've made!

2 comments:

Ruthy said...

I like the green mohawk:)

Rosa said...

It will be green and purple and orange when I'm finished! :)