Monday, October 27, 2014

Painted Lady

We spent a small amount of time at the studio today and I spent a bit of that time painting this lady.

20141026_172324.jpg


She's not even remotely done, but the first layer is on and I'm excited to try out some new green underglazes.

We got a bit of rain while at the studio, just enough to wet everything down. Crunch came out to visit, then his owner followed. I sorted through tools and reorganized a bit. Our move from the old studio was hurried and many things were left in disarray. Moving Dave's wheel into the studio forced us to re-arrange some things and we're still mulling over placement of shelving and so on. It will all work out in the end, but for now it's a a bit chaotic in spots.

My next step is to get an online sales site up and running, probably through etsy to begin with. I'll have to take pictures of some old work to get the ball rolling, as none of the sculptures are even remotely finished.  I'll have some calavera christmas ornaments to put up soon, maybe make a few sales that way.

Let's see what else has been going on.

This week I'm scheduled for more PT for my tennis elbow. It's mostly better, but I have a few questions for the therapist.

We've just completed day 16 of our 30 day decluttering exercise. We've now tossed, recycled, or donated 136 things each, 272 things total. We've gone through the junk drawer and travel kits and under the kitchen sink (twice!). We've culled books, shoes, and some clothes (though there is still more to be done there). We've ditched dishes that we've been using for years, but that were cracked or chipped or that neither of us ever really liked. We've gone through the kitchen cabinets and the freezer. We still have a long, long way to go though.


No comments: