Saturday, October 11, 2014

She (In Progress)

New girl, mostly completed, now with teeth, eyes, hair and rose. (No arms though. Very Venus de Milo.)
20141010_094640.jpg
The rose is not attached. I don't know if it will be or not.
20141010_094630.jpg
Since I've taken these pics, she's become a blue-eyed blonde in a blue dress.
20141011_145925.jpg
That is stage one. She'll be bisque fired then I'll add further color to her hair and eyes, do a wash of black to emphasize the teeth and cheekbones, and add eyebrows and makeup. The color of the dress will be intensified, too. Then she'll get some shine with some clear glaze or Gerstley borate. So she's about a third of the way finished at this point, if that.

All last week, I was baching it because Dave was out of town on business. I spent most of the week burning through seven seasons of Gilmore girls on Netflix. The show starts out all right, but then it becomes a train wreck. You can't look away. I've taken to fast forwarding through the bulk of the episodes in an effort to get to the end of the series. At the end of the day I'm definitely not a fan, but once I start in on a series I feel compelled to finish it.

Dave came home very late last night--delays got him home after midnight--with a handful of omiyage for me, two books (Haruki Murakami's Colorless Tsukuru and His Years of Pilgrimmage and the new book of short stories by Hilary Mantel, The Assassination of Margaret Thatcher) and some banana conditioner from The Body Shop. I started the Mantel. I love the way she writes.

Today we slept very late, had lunch (burgers, green chile cheese fries, onion rings, shared chocolate shake), and went to the studio. I started a new sculpture, this one with arms.


No comments: