Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Just Four Things

1. Dinner at my mother's on Monday (a birthday dinner with pizza, salad, cake and ice cream) with my mom, aunt Char, brother, little cousin, Dave, and me. We played a game of Scrabble after dinner and my little eight-year-old cousin held his own, came in second place actually (with a minimum of very generous help even).

2. Tuesday morning, my aunt had surgery on her shoulder. My mother went with her and is staying while she recovers. The surgery, to repair a tendon, sounds awful. My relatively mild case of tendonitis is painful enough, I can't imagine having it be bad enough to require surgery.

3. Dave and I went up to the studio this evening for a little while.
20141116_172454.jpg
I'm still working on the calavera girls. My new one (not pictured here) is a bust with the back of the head cut out. I'm going to have a diorama arranged inside her head. 

Hopefully we can sneak in a cone 3 firing this weekend.

4. It's been cold here recently. So cold. It's been so cold that I've even been thinking of buying a winter coat, something I haven't owned in several years at least. I've been making do with a zip-up sweatshirt kind of thing. But it might be time.

No comments: