Sunday, November 2, 2014

November Already?!

1. Lunch today with my mom, aunt Char, Rudy and Dave. We went to a restaurant called Vinaigrette which serves mainly salads and a couple of sandwiches. I had a reuben sandwich with a greek salad and a cup of miso-based mushroom stew. I also had a couple of bites of Dave's macaroni and cheese. Not bad.

2. After lunch, we stopped by the museum. There are some really lovely 16th century paintings and sculptures that are part of a traveling exhibit from Paris, I think. I'll go back to see them when I have some time to sit and look without dodging tourists and disdainful locals.

3. After looking at the exhibits, we looked through the museum shop then sat and had coffee in the cafe. The coffee was terrible, but it was nice to sit and chat.

5. We parted ways then and Dave and I went to the studio. He had to trim the things he threw yesterday and I loaded the mugs he made last week into the kiln and then worked on two things, a bowl I'm glazing and a calavera I'm painting. Judi and Paul weren't home, so I sneaked into their house (not really sneaking since I have a key, garage door opener, and the alarm code) and fed Crunch a couple of dog biscuits.

6. Rain! It's been raining on and off all day. I love the rain, even when I have to be out in it. It's cold now, though it's not supposed to freeze until mid-week maybe. Goodbye, garden!

7. In the parking lot at the Co-op, we ran into Chris. She had her three dogs in the car, Henry, Buddy, and Zuni. We talked a bit and pet the dogs before going in to do our shopping.

8. Despite going to the grocery store, dinner so far has consisted of a handful of left-over Halloween candy, white chocolate Kit-Kats mainly. Ugh. So sickening and yet so irresistible. I'm a candy-loving child at heart, with a mouthful of fillings to prove it.

9. I rented and watched Inglourious Basterds a couple of nights ago. I didn't really like it, although there were some parts that I really liked. I only decided to watch it because I was impressed by Christoph Waltz's performance in Django Unchained. I liked him in this, too; I can see how he finagled a Academy Awards for this and the other. I also liked Brad Pitt in this. My favorite line in the whole film went to him, at the very end, when he shoots one of the men he's supposed to be taking prisoner  and the other man tells him that he himself will be shot. Pitt's character Aldo says, "Nah, I don't think so. More like chewed out. I've been chewed out before."  I laughed, at the line and at the way Pitt delivers it. I found it so funny that I rewound and re-watched it probably six times.

No comments: