Thursday, November 6, 2014

Still The One

1. This happens at physical therapy:
20141105_113118.jpg
That is Kinesio tape, applied by Kate, my physical therapist. It actually helps to reduce the swelling in my wrist, so even though it looks strange, I wear it for as long as it stays on (36-72 hours, usually). It can withstand handwashing and showering, so that's good. 

My arm is about 90% better--the pain in my elbow is gone, my forearm feels less painful, my wrist still swells when I overuse it.

2. My mother and online bud Helen have started their own decluttering challenges. Yay for decluttering! It's a useful, strange, stressful, freeing thing to do, declutter.

3. We skipped a couple of days, Dave and I, and started back in on day 24. Today we went through and halved our big bowl collection, some of which we never use, some of which are beautiful but not food safe (!), some of which we were just bored with. We got rid of an electric skillet we bought and used once in five years. I got rid of a pair of jeans that no longer fit. We cleared out the first aid kit, tossing expired and unused things. We cleared out 24 things each today. Our combined total after today is 600. It just goes on and on!

4. After days of eating crappy Halloween chocolate, I'm craving sugar like mad. Last night I had a pastry from the bakery and this morning I ate three chocolate biscochitos from there. I could easily plow through a pint of chocolate ice cream right now.

My physical therapist told me that when she was a little girl, she lived in Switzerland near a chocolate factory that gave tours. At the end of the tour, they gave out boxes of chocolate. She went so many times that the tour guides finally told her she couldn't come back anymore.


No comments: