Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Head Dressed

Some new work, empty-eyed for now, head dressed.
20141207_144145.jpg
Trying something new and more stylized with the teeth, but I'm not sure I like it yet. They have something of a Mayan carved skull look to them, not intentionally.
20141207_144134.jpg
They're on their way to being painted, here with a few colors.  (I'm not very good with color and complexity involving color. It's my Achilles heel, art-wise, I'm afraid.)

Here is my work table at the studio:
20141207_144140.jpg
I love being surrounded by my tools and underglazes. They make me happy.

Do you know all the creation myths about God creating man out of earth or dirt or clay?  That's what I do: I create little beings out of clay. God was the OG potter, right?

Weekend

The weekend was a bit whirlwind. Friday both Dave and I had doctor's appointments. On Saturday, we got in a bit of studio time. On Sunday, we went to help my mother put up her Christmas lights and then we went out to see my aunt and have dinner with her. The weekend just flew by.

We've had some rain recently (last Wednesday and Saturday), but otherwise it's been relatively warm. I had the door open yesterday and the cats were lolling around out on the patio, enjoying the sunshine.

As the sun set, it did get cooler. I put on a sweatshirt. Dave came home and we made dinner (a cheese omelet for him, fried eggs for me, toast, tomatoes, sauteed swiss chard, veggie sausages, and baked sweet potatoes for both of us. Very vegelicious dinner, with things from our CSA box). We're both trying to limit our sugar intake--as well as salt and fat for me. (Ugh.)

We're dogsitting, too. Yesterday I went over to give the dogs their dinner to find they had chewed up a hundred dollar bill. So it goes.

No comments: