Sunday, December 28, 2014

Saturday

Saturday was kind of a slow-roll day. We got up and going kind of late.

Dave made his famous eight-minute cheese sandwiches for brunch and then made coleslaw. We stopped for a coffee on the way to the studio. At the studio, Dave glazed and I worked on some bisqued pieces, painting them, then started a new piece, intending it to be a fox. We chatted with Paul and Judi and then Dave and I took Crunch out for a walk. It was really very cold out, too cold to stay out for very long. On the way back, Crunch found the tiniest patch of days old snow and stood licking it up. After the walk, we all went for Chinese food. We came back to the studio and I continued to work on the new piece. Dave continued to glaze. We worked for another ninety minutes and then came home.

At home, we made tea and Dave practiced his clarinet. I piled blankets on the bed and cranked the heater up as high as it will go. The temperature dropped even further. It's twenty-one degrees now. It wants to snow, I can tell, but won't. The sky is perfectly, perfectly clear and all the stars are out. We might get snow next weekend, according to the forecast.

I curled up in bed, first with kitties then without kitties, and had tea then a decaf coffee. I started watching Broadchurch, the original series, which is heartrending (but fascinating).

No comments: