Thursday, February 12, 2015

Baching It

Baching It

Here I was in Blake's Lotaburger with my diet Pepsi, waiting for my food:

20150210_140332.jpg

Whenever Dave leaves town, my go-to meal is almost always a Blake's Lota combo (a Lotaburger with cheese and green chile added, seasoned fries, and a large diet Pepsi). That's where I had lunch on Tuesday, of course.

I got up very early on Wednesday morning, around 2:30 or so. I took my meds and waited awhile, as usual, then I had a couple of fried eggs and a piece of toast for breakfast. I debated on whether or not to start in on the coffee or to try to get some more sleep. The coffee won out.

 It was still dark out when the wind kicked up, banging the front gate. I got up to check and it was raining. The whole morning was like that--cloudy, rainy, windy, gloomy--so I stayed in bed reading and looking at garbage on the internet. It stayed cold all day, nothing like the 70 degree day we had Tuesday.

For lunch, I tried to turn the lentils from the day before into soup by adding bouillon and spices and blending it with the immersion blender. It was terrible. But as there was really nothing else in the house and I didn't want to have fried eggs for two meals in a row, so I ate some of it over leftover quinoa. Later in the afternoon, a few hours before pilates, I had a sandwich with the last of the Tofurkey, tomato, and mustard. I wanted mayo, but we are out and I didn't feel like going to the store for any.

It was just Judi and me in pilates class. We worked pretty hard, though not as hard as Dave and I had worked before, when it was just us.  I strained my lower back a little bit during the warm up, so I was probably being a little more careful during the rest of class to really work hard.

I had joked with Dave earlier that I was going to have another Lotaburger after pilates, but instead of doing that, I decided to go to the co-op and pick up some vegetable sushi. Of course they were out of everything--wah, wah--so I ended up buying salad greens, cucumber, and half a cold rotisserie chicken. I also picked up some cheddar cheese and unsalted tortilla chips to go with some beans I have in the freezer. Dinner was a salad with chicken and a bit of yogurt with frozen blueberries for dessert.

I was so exhausted from class that after dinner and a phone call to Dave, I put on my pajamas and went straight to bed.  I think that's what I need to tire myself out enough to fall asleep: a pilates class every night.

I got up around 3:00 a.m., took my meds and went back to sleep until 8:30. Breakfast was beans with cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips. I had a cup of coffee, too, of course.

When it warmed up a bit, I went out and brought the garbage cans in from the street and did some yard work. I raked up the leaves that have been sitting all winter and swept off the patio. I didn't pick up the leaves because we're out of big garbage bags to hold them, but I raked them into a pile so that they'll be easier to pick up when I get more bags. I want to do a lot of rearranging out there before we start planting and I need to wipe down all the patio furniture, but that can wait until tomorrow since I got a bit much sun while I was out.

I just got out of the shower and got back into bed, warm and cozy in my fluffy robe. There's lots to do around the house, but I'm not feeling it. I want to be like the cats and snooze the afternoon away. They're so zonked out that they didn't even start at the mailman banging the cover to the mailbox, something they usually don't like.

No comments: