Sunday, March 22, 2015

Still A Good Day

Saturday

I was up around 2:30 a.m. Got out of bed at 3:00 and took my medication. After an hour, I had breakfast, fried eggs, a piece of toast, and coffee. I read, watched Netflix, surfed online.  I've started a new book, After the Tears, about the role of childhood trauma in the lives of adult children of alcoholics. I don't usually read self help books, but this book has been a thunderbolt.

Dave was up at 7:00 or 7:30. I suggested that he might want breakfast before his clarinet lesson and so after he took a shower, he went out to Blake's and picked up a breakfast burrito for himself and an Itsaburger combo for me. Seasoned fries for second breakfast. Yum.

While Dave was at his lesson, I took a shower and got mostly ready for the day. When he came home--with a couple of lattes, yay!--we went almost immediately out again.

Our first stop was the clay supply store, where we bought clay and underglazes and a few glazes. I also picked up some commercial products that are supposed to be useful in repairing bisqued pieces (normally a worthless cause). I've never used them before, but I want to try. I imagine that they are mostly sodium silicate and soda ash, which, great. If they work, fine. If not, fine. I've already set my mind to trashing the piece if they don't work, so this is a good opportunity to test them and gain experience in using them.

After the clay store, we drove out to my aunt's house. She's been having trouble getting her new computer to connect to the internet and to her printer, so Dave spent a couple of hours helping her get that stuff set up and running. She treated us to lunch at Dion's after he finished up. I had a slice with ham and mushrooms and split a salad with Dave. She and Dave had subs.  We sat for awhile and chatted over lunch.

We didn't get home until around five in the afternoon. We discussed going by the studio, but I was so tired we ultimately decided not to. We came home and Dave practiced his clarinet for awhile while I read and watched youtube videos. I fell asleep fairly early, but got up around 11:30 really hungry. I mixed up a bowl of blueberries, yogurt, raisins, honey and some organic 7 grain cereal that is similar to Grape Nuts. I downed that and a glass of water and went back to sleep.

I was up again in the middle of the night for awhile. I picked up the book I mentioned above and started reading. While I've been reading, I've been marking places where things arise in me. For example, last night while I was reading, I got a blinding headache. I marked in the book where that happened and kept reading. Then I had a craving for a food that I haven't eaten since I was a child. I marked in the book where that happened and I kept reading. I was reading about an exercise done with adult children in trauma recovery therapy where people draw a "loss line" of events from their childhood that indicate some loss to them. While I was reading that, I started crying and I had to put the book down. Then I had this incredible flashback to something very early in my childhood. Early, early. Long before language kind of early.

By the time I pulled myself out of that, I was exhausted again. I fell asleep and slept all night.




No comments: