Monday, March 23, 2015

Sunday

I woke up around 5:30, took my pill, and had breakfast (after a bit). I had quite a big breakfast, an avocado, two slices of toast and two fried eggs. Dave was up at 9:00 and at 10:00, we went for second breakfast at Flying Star. He had something healthy, of course, but I had a huge second breakfast, a hamburger with green chile and french fries. I also had dessert, half of an enormous chocolate eclair. I just could not stop eating!

We plotted out the rest of our day: Studio, pilates and shopping.

We went by the studio first. At the studio we unloaded the stuff we bought at the clay store yesterday then got down to work. Judi and Paul came out to chat while I worked on my sculpture, one I had almost forgotten about. It was getting a bit dry, so I wet down the parts I want to add to and started underglazing the part of the sculpture that was getting dry.

Judi hinted that she wanted me to join her for a walk. The weather was gorgeous and god knows I need the exercise, but I declined as we had limited time at the studio this week and I wanted to get some things done in that time.

After a bit Judi and Paul went off to do their thing, and I mixed up one of the bisque menders with some slip I had laying around and I repaired the pieces that had broken off my last sculpture. I can't vouch for how pretty the repair job is, but it's holding everything on--for now. We'll see if it actually makes it through a bisque firing and then a cone three firing. If that happens, we'll file the stuff in the milagro file.

We had to leave soon to come home and shower and get ready for pilates. The teacher had tried to get us to shift our class from 5:15 to 2:15--this at 1:20 or so--but I had to say no, that maybe we could come an hour earlier (but even that was pushing it). Lately, she's been flipping our class times around because she's having to drive her four children around to various extracurricular activities and she's trying to work a full time teaching schedule around that since her husband apparently doesn't drive. I have some compassion for her situation and try to be flexible, but I don't like switching things up on a dime. And especially since I end up having to okay everything with Dave and Judi since I became the de facto point of contact for scheduling everything. (Not sure how that happened since it was Judi's idea to take the class in the first place.)

At home, we both showered and changed into our pilates clothes. Dave had a healthy snack, I had the second half of my chocolate eclair from earlier (a mistake).

Our class was a good one, but my back started to act up about a third of the way through and I had to sit out a bunch of the exercises. I feel like a wimp when that happens, but it's better to do that than to risk further injuring myself.

After class, we came home via the co-op, where I had a big sugar crash. I bought some vegetable sushi to have in the car on the way home so that I could avoid passing out!

We came home and I went straight to bed. Dave stayed up, did some work on his computer, made dinner, did all these things, and I just slept and slept. I got up a couple of times to go to the bathroom, and then again around midnight to find that he had left me a note about dinner, meatballs in sauce and greens. I had a sandwich and went back to bed.

No comments: