Monday, May 18, 2015

Black Okay?

Just before 4:30 in the afternoon, thunder came and knocked on the door.

This morning I read this, written by a man from India: Greet visitors with a smile and follow the basic value "Atithi Devo Bhava," meaning every guest is equal to God.

Do I welcome in the thunder and offer a cup of coffee? I don't have any milk though. I hope thunder likes black coffee.

We finished up our bout of spring cleaning today. What a pain! I can't imagine if we lived in a bigger place. We have about 500 square feet (46 square meters) and even spring cleaning that amount of space is a pain in the butt. Maybe we need to downsize. I have always been enamored with those tiny houses that are 200 square feet (18 square meters) or smaller. I think I could do it. In Japan, my apartment was six tatami, 106 square feet. It was enough; Tokyo added another 845 square miles to the size of my existence.

I spent part of the afternoon making vegetable soup out of what we had in the fridge (onions, garlic, carrots, baby turnips, cabbage, potatoes, sweet potato, red pepper, and zucchini).  We had that for dinner, along with vegetarian sausages (for Dave), and vegetable sushi for me. We also shared some edamame, microwaved and served without salt. It was a tasty, light dinner. So I didn't feel too guilty when we stopped later at Sonic and I had a vanilla ice cream cone.

I ended up canceling my morning doctor's appointment, purely because I didn't want to go through the discomfort of the type of exam I was going to have to go through. I'll reschedule in a couple of weeks.

No comments: