Wednesday, May 20, 2015

New Toys

20150519_101729.jpg

This little nerd!Doesn't he look so handsome and serious? He loves his new perch next to the kitchen window.

Since completing our bout of spring cleaning, we've gotten a couple of new toys.

One is a steam mop. I've been wanting one for awhile, so I looked on Amazon and found the one with the best ratings and ordered it along with a couple of extra cleaning pads for it. It arrived yesterday and we tested it out on our already clean floors. We use vinegar to mop the floors, but I like that this works with just water. Makes me feel better about not having the cats walking around on some awful residue from a disinfectant. (Yes, these are the same cats that roll around in the dirt outside. I know, I know.)

The other toy is a Roomba! We talked about it, then picked one up at Costco tonight. A woman saw me putting it in the basket and said, "Lucky you!" And I replied, "I've done my time!" (I wonder if she got the joke. I meant that I had done my time vacuuming. Now it's time to let the robot vacuum handle it.) I told Dave as I was walking away, "I've vacuumed the casita, like, twice in ten years. That's enough!" It was only kind of a joke. (We have all tile floors. They get swept more than vacuumed. Plus we didn't even own a vacuum cleaner until a couple of years ago.) We haven't tested out the Roomba yet; it's charging right now on its little dock under the bed and we'll try it out tomorrow. It's got a remote control though, which cracks me up for some reason.

So those are our exciting new acquisitions.

What else has been going on? I saw the new therapist. I like her. I need to make another appointment.

Dinners? Tonight it was tempeh tacos with lots of avocado and blue corn taco shells. Last night...I don't remember what we had for dinner last night. Oh, right: I had an Itsa burger from Blake's Lotaburger. Dave had a cheese sandwich. We shared an order of seasoned fries and one of onion rings. It was not a good day for the diet, clearly.

I was so exhausted that I skipped pilates; Dave went.

2 comments:

Helen said...

I'm anxious to hear how the Roomba does...I'd love one of those, but I can't really see myself getting one!

They sound so cool...I hope it doesn't freak out your cats!

Rosa said...

Hi, Helen!

Yes, I was worried about the cat thing, too. But they seem to get used to machinery noise pretty quickly. The air purifier didn't freak them out nor did the little Cuisinart. So I'm hopeful!

I think you should get yourself a Roomba! Aside from the expense, why not go ahead and treat yourself?