Friday, May 29, 2015

Practice Makes Perfect

I've got a bit of time before we're supposed to leave to the theater to see SPAMALOT. It will be my second time in a theater today since this morning I went to see Mad Max again with my mother and Judi. (Last time I saw it in 3D, but today we saw it in not-3D (is that called 2D?). I liked the 3D version a little better actually. But I liked the movie itself a bit better the second time I saw it. I could see a lot of the details that I missed the first time.)

After the movie, my aunt joined us and we went to the all-you-can-eat Brazilian meat place next door to the theater. Dave (who was working) treated us all to lunch. We started with the salad bar, then the meat came around, so we ate meat--lots of meat, lots and lots of meat. I had the sirloin, tenderloin, garlic-Parmesan beef, brisket, sugar-glazed ham, and two kinds of chicken. I also had grilled vegetables and grilled pineapple. We ate until we couldn't eat any more and then we ordered dessert. The desserts weren't as good as the meat, but a bit of sweet stuff was welcome.

At lunch, my mom had a crazy story about one of my relatives who went into her son's room to find a naked man passed out, hidden behind a television set. I know, right? Apparently her grown-ass son, who is my age and lives at home, picked up this guy somewhere and brought him home probably for sex (and?) and then just left him there. She had no idea that this stranger was in her house, so she started screaming and he jumped out the window and ran away. So exciting.

After we finished lunch, we waddled back to the parking garage, said our goodbyes, and then my mother brought me home.

It was already about 3:30 so I spent a bit of time online before starting dinner--vegetarian meatball sandwiches, steamed broccoli, and salad--for Dave. I didn't have anything; I don't think I'll ever eat again. Lunch was five hours ago, give or take, and I'm still full. (We're just back from the theater--more below--and it's now almost nine hours since lunch and I'm still not remotely hungry. When I say I ate a lot of meat, I mean I ate a lot of meat!)

We sat and chatted while Dave finished his dinner and then I did the dishes while he went off to practice the clarinet.  My new books had come, so I pulled the wrapper off of Harpo Speaks! and read a bit. We're supposed to leave for the theater in about twenty minutes, and I'm thinking a cup of half-caf coffee might cut through the meat daze.

Theater Outing #2

So we went and saw a local production of SPAMALOT. It was...better than I expected, I suppose. There were a couple of funny parts, but not all of them intentionally funny, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, we did get out and do something! That was really my goal. I suppose practice makes perfect--in all things.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Oh those heady days of naked men behind TV sets!

We're going to see Mad Max in a few hours - I'm sooo psyched!

Rosa said...

Hi Carol!

Your comment made me laugh. Heady days, indeed!

I loved Mad Max. Can't wait to hear what you think. I might even see it a third time before it leaves the theaters. I want to see it in 3D again.

Carol said...

:)

Just posted on my blog, but will say again that we really loved it - wow, so action-packed, and when F lost her hope, I nearly cried (and I'm not a cry-er).

Rosa said...

I'm so glad you loved it! I also nearly cried in the same spot. (It was only my annoyance with the hyper-loud, pathos-ridden soundtrack that kept me from shedding a tear.)

Carol said...

I oddly didn't notice the music - I also got teared up when the War Kid flipped the truck.

Ruthy said...

OMG:) Carol's comment made me laugh so much! Thanks for the comment:)

Rosa said...

Hi, Mom,

Funny, right? Hope Veronica can laugh about it someday!