Monday, May 11, 2015

Watermelon Time!

I got a few things done today, which was nice, but I'm not feeling well, which sucks. One of the things I got done was to call and make a doctor's appointment for Wednesday morning. So I hope that goes well.

Saba went outside in the late morning and after about two minutes, I heard her causing a ruckus outside. I ran to the door in time to see her chase another cat, much bigger than her, out of the patio. The other cat was really freaked out, but Saba was cool as a cucumber after she ran it off. She didn't even really particularly want to come inside after, so I let her stay out.

The big excitement was having to take poor Gray Kitty to the vet again. I'm sure I've written about it, but he's got some chronic urinary tract issues. (In fact, we had to have his penis surgically removed because he produces crystals that were repeatedly blocking his urethra, something which can quickly kill a cat and removing the penis to shorten the urethra alleviates the problem of blockage). Because we noticed what we thought might be blood in his urine on Saturday evening, we took him to the vet today. She used a needle to withdraw a urine sample and that's being sent off to the lab to make sure he doesn't have an infection. We should know more tomorrow. Poor thing. He's a well-behaved cat, but going to the vet stresses him out like crazy.

After we brought him home from his late afternoon appointment, we went ahead and made an early dinner. Tonight we had omelets with spinach filling and a side of pinto beans with stewed tomatoes mixed in. Dave had cheese and toast with his, but I abstained since my lunch was basically cheese and toast. As we ate, we planned out a menu for the rest of the week and made a shopping list.

After dinner, we ran off to Whole Foods to do our shopping. We mainly stuck to the list, but we couldn't resist bringing home a watermelon. Yum! In fact, it might be calling my name.

No comments: