Friday, July 24, 2015

A Day Makes

After yesterday's frustrations, I woke up to a better day. I got up and, just because, made an elaborate lunch for Dave to take to work (a quesadilla filled with cheddar, veggie sausage, and a mix of sauteed onions, garlic, zucchini, red pepper, and shishito peppers--the same mix I used in an egg white omelet for my own breakfast).  I made a small amount of salsa fresca for him to take as an accompaniment to the quesadilla and I chopped up a bag of veggies (cucumber, peppers, celery and carrots) also. (I made a salad, too, for myself out of the same veggies.)

I make lunch for Dave to take to work most days. Sometimes it's leftovers from dinner, sometimes I made a grilled cheese or cheese sandwich or quesadilla. He also takes breakfast to work (yogurt and blueberries, strawberries, and sometimes raspberries), so I put that together, and there's always a small baggie of veggies and maybe another piece of fruit and sometimes a snack or some dark chocolate.

Sometimes I put together a lunch or some berries for myself at the same time to have later. Sometimes I don't. It just depends on what I feel like doing.

I had been up since a little before 3:00 a.m., so I made this elaborate lunch and my own breakfast, then I sat down to eat around 4:00 a.m.--and then realized that I needed to get online and register.

The online registration system at CNM requires people who register for classes to pay within 24 hours or they get booted from the class. Every night at 10:00 p.m., the system shuts down and kicks out anyone who hasn't paid, then it reopens at midnight. I learned over the years that if I couldn't get into a class, to wait and try again at 12:01 a.m. This way, I have almost always slid into seemingly filled classes in the past.

Even though I left it until almost 4:00 a.m., when I got on I pretty much had my pick of sections of the class I need to take--an anatomy course--so I registered for a 7:30 a.m. lecture (my preference) and a late lab (also my preference).  (I may not need the lab though, so we'll see. If I don't, I'll probably drop it after meeting the instructor and seeing if s/he is any good or not.) Anyway, I registered, pulled out my credit card and paid--just like that, I am a student again--and sat down to eat my by-then cold breakfast.

I was up and feeling pretty energetic, so I left the house with Dave around 7:30 and went out and did some grocery shopping. I went up to Whole Foods and then to the Co-op. After that, I came home and put everything away and had a very, very early lunch (a breakfast burrito from the co-op).

I cleaned and refilled the hummingbird feeder, did a bit of decluttering in the freezer, and started cold brewing some decaf iced tea for later. Now I'm checking out a few blogs before I start some 'round the house chores.

Later

Dinner tonight was very summery, a caprese salad made with tomatoes from our garden and basil from the CSA harvest box. To go with, I grilled slices of a whole wheat boule and then, just because, I grilled some peaches also.

I had planned on making vegetarian enchiladas for dinner tomorrow, but I forgot that a group of us are meeting up for dim sum. That should be fun.

No comments: