Sunday, July 26, 2015

Ah, The Headache

There's a storm sitting over Albuquerque. I don't have to go outside to know it, I can tell from the massive headache that I have right now. It feels like my whole head and neck are in a vise, being squeezed.

Sunday was a mediocre day in many ways. While Dave went off to have lunch with his mother, I went to the studio. I did a few piddly things and then realized that since I had been dropped off, I couldn't leave. I had several hours of dead time. I didn't want to start a new big piece when we're getting ready to leave town, especially since things are going moldy and/or drying out so quickly in this weather. I did a few sketches for some new pieces (a mermaid, maybe?), reorganized a few of the reference books I keep around the studio, and then I read several newspapers from last January and played solitaire on my phone.

Judi had come out early on to chat and she brought Crunch with her. He settled down for the afternoon with me while Judi went out grocery shopping. About fifteen minutes after she left, Paul rushed out to the studio looking for Crunch. Judi hadn't told him that I was there and when he noticed that Crunch was not in the house, he had gone up and down the street looking for him before realizing that he must be in the studio with me. Ay yi yi! Crunch followed Paul back in the house, got a dog biscuit (Paul's a soft touch like I am), and then came back out to the studio with me.

Judi came back and, at her request, I showed her how to receive, download, and send photos from her phone. Dave came back while we were in the middle of doing that.

Judi went back inside, leaving Crunch with us and I started to give Crunch a handful of dog biscuits (we keep them in the car, so Dave brought some in with him). I'm not supposed to feed Crunch anything since Judi keeps him on a strict diet, so I have to slip him biscuits on the sly when Judi's not around.

He had just finished one biscuit and I was about to give him another, when Judi came in the door. Thankfully, she was distracted by something on her phone, because she didn't notice that Crunch was rooting around for the crumbs of his last biscuit--and that I was also holding the smoking gun--another dog biscuit.

I quickly slipped that into my pocket and made like I had been petting Crunch. I showed Judi how to use her contacts list to send photos, and then she went back out and of course I gave Crunch more biscuits.

We left the studio soon after and came home to put drops in my ear (stupid earache), then we went out to dinner at Chopstix. We were both pretty hungry, so we ordered way too much food, spicy green beans, sauteed baby bok choi, their house tofu dish, and sugar and vinegar ribs for me. We ate lots, but came home with lots, too.

I was pretty wiped out by the time we got home, so I did a few chores and then changed into my pajamas. Dave did some laundry and he had just finished hanging it out to dry when it started raining.

I fell asleep to the sound of rain.

No comments: