Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy Birthday, d!!

La Familia
I tried to find an embarrassing pic of Dave to post on his birthday, but I don't really have one. He usually takes a pretty good picture. (Unlike me, he never looks like a frog squashed in the road in pictures.) I mean, I have this picture that was taken at the dentist just after he got his braces taken off, which was, what, thirty years ago or so (the year after I met him), but that's a pretty good picture, don't you think?
January 1987

After telling Dave that I was going to post an embarrassing picture of him on his birthday, he picked out that one, taken in 1987. We were in high school then and were getting ready to go out for the night so Dave put up his bangs, as all us new waver kids used to do, and of course he painted his nails black and put on some of my blood red lipstick. The black spiky hair on the upper right corner of the picture was our friend Robert's hair, spiked up with copious amounts of Aquanet hairspray.

Ugh, that was so long ago! That picture was taken with a 110 camera, that's how long ago that was.

Anyway, today is Dave's birthday and it's going to be a quiet one with the usual birthday dinner (macaroni and cheese, broccoli, and a whole banquet of sweetie cakes).

Happy birthday, d!

2 comments:

Helen said...

Aww! Love the old pictures! It sounds like you two have been together for a long time...

Happy Birthday to your other half!

Rosa said...

Thanks, Helen! I'll definitely pass on your birthday wishes to Dave. He's a low-key kind of guy, so we're having a quiet birthday day. :)