Wednesday, July 8, 2015

This Crazy Thing

Yesterday afternoon, I got up to let the cats out and saw that the sky was doing this crazy thing:
20150707_160919.jpg
The clouds were roiling about in this remotely threatening manner, so I went to sit outside and watch it for awhile. Then this happened and the cats and I came inside.
20150707_162654.jpg
That was an intense rain and hail storm. It went with the rainstorm that happened the night before. It is monsoon season here in the desert, which means a week of cooler temperatures and lots of rain. (Well, lots for us, which is an inch or two.)

Anyway, it was all cleared up by the time we went for dinner.

Dave and I met my mother and brother at the awesome, spicy broccoli restaurant, China Express. It's nice to get together from time to time and chat over good, cheap Chinese food. My brother told us about some crazy anime series he's been watching recently, which led us to talking about The Twilight Zone. (That was an amazing show, wasn't it?)

After, my brother, Dave and I went to Costco, where we bought a bunch of berries and yogurt and a few other things. Of course, when we got home, we realized that we had three containers of blueberries already in the fridge to go along with the two huge ones we had just bought from Costco, so Dave called Kelly to see if she could take some blueberries off our hands.

When she came over to get the blueberries, we pushed some of the apricots and peaches that Dave's mother had sent from her overloaded trees--and then we topped that off with a couple of grapefruits that we got in our CSA box. (We got, like, five of them, but since I don't eat grapefruit and Dave is happy with one grapefruit a month, max, we were happy to pass them on.)

Today was another lazy, cloudy day and in honor of such days, I made soup. (Mostly I was just trying to use up some of the CSA veggies in the fridge.) I made a big pot of vegetable soup and a plate of deviled eggs and that was dinner. 

No comments: