Monday, October 12, 2015

Organ Recital, Take II

I've had this fuzzy-headed feeling for the last couple of days and it continued this morning. Yesterday, I checked my blood pressure (which, if it gets high, will sometimes give me a fuzzy-headed feeling), but it was 138/91, which is high but not precipitously so. I thought I might be dehydrated, so I drank about three liters of water. It helped a bit, I think, but I woke up again feeling fuzzy headed.

I had some more water, a cup of decaf coffee, and ate a couple of eggs with a half a tortilla (in case it was my blood sugar). After I had breakfast, I sat down to study. (I have a test tomorrow, fuzzy head or not.) While I was studying, I was bitten again--by what, I don't know!--twice, once on my thigh and once on my wrist. I don't know what is biting me. It might be mosquitoes--?--or maybe one of the cats has brought in fleas. (Although neither of them seem particularly itchy, so--?) Dave isn't getting bitten either.  I didn't take any benadryl this time (I'm already fuzzy-headed, I don't need to be horizontal all day), but I did rub some benadryl ointment (along with some hydrocortisone ointment) on the bites, and that helped to keep the itching at bay.

It's frustrating. I don't know if the fuzzy headedness is hormonal (am I perimenopausal?) or if it's because I'm getting sick (there's something going around the gym) or if it's related to the bug bites or to my blood sugar. It's definitely not normal. It doesn't feel like allergies--but maybe?--or like the bouts of vertigo I've had in the past. (Allergies can produce this feeling but I'm not sneezing or coughing--and vertigo will often affect my eyes, making them feel jittery if that makes sense--so it's probably not that.)

I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud here.

Yesterday's frustration (along with the fuzzy-headedness) was finding out that the bookstore where I have to go buy scantron sheets to take this test (remember when those were provided for students? good times) is closed on Monday and doesn't open until after my test starts on Tuesday. Sigh. It's such an amateur operation, that bookstore. (Remind me to tell you about trying to get any information about which textbook I needed for my class from the young woman manning the information desk in the bookstore. It was like conversing with a surly, not particularly intelligent mannequin.)

After I realized that I couldn't buy a scantron (I even checked Amazon, to see if I could have some shipped overnight), I emailed Kelly to see if she had any spares laying around. Luckily she did! So I'm not going to have to beg, borrow, or steal one from one of my fellow classmates. (Although I suspect that, tomorrow, many of them will be in the same boat I would have otherwise been in.)

No comments: