Thursday, February 11, 2016

Examination Nation: A Quickie Update

I let five days pass without posting because I was studying for my first pathophysiology exam, which I had tonight. I think it went well. It was seven chapters worth of material, which is a lot for a single exam (maybe too much), and, to add to the stress, the instructor also makes our homework (two sets of case study discussion questions) due on the same day that we take the exam. That was fun.

Anyway, I would guess that I have a mid- to high- B on this first exam, not counting the extra credit, which was considerable and could bring me up a grade.

On the other end of the spectrum, I have a mid-A in my anatomy and physiology II class--that's based on the single exam we've taken--but on the two quizzes we've taken (which are entirely extra credit points), I have a combined total of 0.00%. Yes, seriously. I have a zero percent on the quizzes in anatomy. I could not answer a single question correctly. I was so intent on studying for the patho class that I didn't even crack my anatomy notes before the quizzes. But to be quite honest, so long as I keep my A doing the regular work, I don't care about the extra credit. (Well, that and it was a grand total of three extra credit points. Yes, three whole measly points for two quizzes.)

20160210_175441.jpg

So that's been my week.

I studied like mad for six days, took the patho exam, and now I have a night of rest before I have to swing into action again tomorrow to study for the anatomy exam I have on Monday. The anatomy instructor is deceptively personable--full of old-world charm and earnestness against which I have no defenses--but his exams are demonic. I like it.

Somewhere in all of that, I skipped therapy but kept an appointment for a dental cleaning. I also slept and drank a lot of coffee (decaf, but still) and ate a lot of take-out food because I have forgotten how to cook apparently.

Oh, and this song from Flight of the Conchords has been stuck in my head for, like, four days:



No comments: