Monday, May 23, 2016

Weekended

Where did the weekend go?

Friday after Dave got home, we ran over to Walmart to pick up some prescriptions for my brother. I also picked up a big bottle of antacids because I have had heartburn for several days. (This has not  been made any better by the stress of school starting or by my eating and drinking a lot of stuff that I know causes me to get heartburn.)
In the evening, after having pizza (heartburn city) for dinner, we finished planting what's going into the raised beds in the garden. There were starts of Japanese eggplant, squash, more tomatoes, and more peppers. There are a few tomatoes and pepper starts left, but those will go in pots on the patio.

Then, because being outside was making my allergies go crazy despite the antihistamines, I came inside and sacked out. I slept for a few hours and woke up just after midnight.

I thought I might get a nap on Saturday morning, but then the plumbing decided to go crazy (ultimately culminating in a visit from a plumber). So that was fun.

We went out to lunch when that was all taken care of. We went out to lunch (for the life of me, I can't remember where), then we went to Target. I was so exhausted I felt like zombies look, lurching about.

We came home and I went to bed for a long time, thereby perpetuating my reversed sleep schedule of sleeping all day and staying up all night.

Sunday morning, we didn't get out of the house until 11:00. We had planned to go out earlier to hit up the plant nursery for some flowery things to put on the patio. That didn't happen. Instead, we went out for banh mi for lunch and then went to the studio for awhile. I was slowly sinking back into exhaustion (the allergies don't help), so I couldn't focus on work. I loaded some work into the kiln we're firing this coming weekend, then I cleaned up a bit. Judi, Paul and Crunch came out, so we chatted with them for awhile.

In the afternoon, we picked up my brother and went to Costco. I'm having trouble with a pair of glasses I ordered from them. I picked up the first pair and one lens was wrong, so they had to remake them. They insist that the new lens is correct, but I'm still having a hard time with it. So I get to go back to the optomotrist sometime this week and have her look over the whole mess. But that's fine. I also need to finish up the prescription process for my contact lenses. Fun.

We picked up dinner from Costco while we were there, a slice of cheese pizza for Dave, a barbecue beef sandwich for me. Nary a vegetable in sight, but it also meant no cooking and little clean up.

Dave planted a few things on the patio after dinner. I went out very, very briefly, mostly for encouragement since I was fading faster than the sunlight. I came in, fooled around on the internet a bit, then went almost immediately to sleep.

I woke up around 1:00 a.m. and then couldn't get back to sleep.

It was fine--Monday is my early lecture day--I just stayed up. Lecture was...I really like my instructor, but she is a dud lecturer. She puts up a powerpoint slide and reads the entire slide to us verbatim. Then she puts up the next slide and reads it. And so on and so forth. I guess I should be glad that she is a fast reader because we generally get out of class 25-35 minutes early. And, since she doesn't really understand the material she's teaching (as exhibited by her mispronunciation of several words and an inability to answer the infrequent questions she gets), the class will be an easy A.

Anyway, that brings us to right now,10:00-ish on Monday morning. I also have a late lecture tonight, from 5:30-9:15. I'll try to get a nap in this afternoon. Remember the days when they were "disco naps"? Now they're "lecture naps."

I'm getting old.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hahaa,I have never heard the term "disco nap"!
I have to make sure my naps are no longer than 1.5 hours or I am a total wreck.

Howdie Rosa!

Rosa said...

Howdy, Carol!

That's an oldie but a goodie! Just like me. ;)