Tuesday, June 28, 2016

I Made It Through Monday Anyway

I use a certain kind of pen to take notes, the Pilot G2 gel pen with an ultra fine--0.38mm--line. (I'm quite fond of a pen that can write practically microscopically.) I run through a lot of them while I study. When I run through one, I don't throw it away (usually because I don't want to get up from the table while I'm running down the clock on the self-imposed study period), so I take apart the pen (so I don't reach for a pen with no ink) and push it off to the side. 20160626_194010.jpg
I ran through two and a half pens preparing for this last exam. That is about 300 study cards and perhaps 60 pages of hand-written notes. And I still felt, after the exam, like I didn't know anything. But I always feel that way, so.

Here are is another pics from  my week:
20160625_110034.jpg
That is the agua fresca machine at the local Mexican restaurant where my mother and I had a late breakfast/early lunch last week. I didn't get it in the picture, but in addition to this variety of agua frescas, this machine also dispenses horchata, a sugary rice drink.

Oh, so last week was my doctor a day week. On Tuesday, I saw the dermatologist. On Wednesday, my therapist. On Thursday, the urologist. On Friday, my primary care doctor. I had to reschedule a dental appointment, too, otherwise that would have been in the mix. We also had plumbing woes last week, from Monday night to Thursday, when it was fixed. So it was quite a week.

This week? After Monday's exams, slightly less stressful so far. (I say that, only having gone through Monday!)

After my exam and three hours of lecture, Dave and I stopped at a diner and had burgers and fries. We shared a slice of buttermilk pie after. That was my food reward for doing well on the exam.

No comments: