Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tuesday Bluesday

Ah! Well, we're back in the thick of it. Monday started out with an exam then my usual four hour pathophysiology lecture in the evening, which I almost made it through intact.
The early morning exam--7:30 a.m.--was held in a classroom so hot that I only got through it by holding a bottle of iced water to my neck and forehead. The air conditioner had been turned off over the weekend and not turned back on by the time class started on Monday morning. The weekend temperatures were over 100 degrees and the brick building was holding onto that heat. I completed the 50 question exam in less than 20 minutes. I was already getting sick from being overheated, so I walked out without going over my answers as I usually do.

This morning, I emailed my patho instructor (he of the law degree) and asked his advice and he sent it along, so I used it to compose emails to one of the associate deans and my instructor. We'll see how that all turns out.

But I'm still on Monday! In the afternoon, Dave and I had lunch with our buddy Chris. We all had a few good laughs, something that is becoming all too rare in my life.

Later in the afternoon, I had to go across town to get my blood pressure checked by the nurse at my doctor's office. That wasn't great news. I have to go back and talk to the doctor (Dr. Shmoo) on Friday. Actually though, Dave drove me, which was nice. Then he dropped me off at class after. I was so exhausted that I was barely hanging on by the time the four hour class was finished at 9:15. I had been up since 2:00 a.m. the night before and though I had taken an hour-long nap in the late morning, I was still toast.

Dave had made a Greek-style pasta salad for dinner, so I had a bowl of that, brushed my teeth and went immediately to bed.

But wait! Monday wasn't over yet! Monday night brought us some plumbing woes. The toilet backed up, then the shower and sink followed. So Tuesday brought us a plumber, bright and early, who either broke a pipe or discovered that one of the previous plumbers had broken a pipe. Now we're waiting for yet more plumbers to show up to see what it's going to take to repair the broken pipe. Meanwhile, we're without plumbing in the casita, so I'm going over to Kelly's to use their plumbing for my various plumbing needs.

In the midst of that--we're up to Tuesday now--I had a doctor's appointment. It wasn't bad actually--all good and or neutral news--but it still meant another drive across town. We have A/C in the car, but it's still godawful hot out there, climbing into the mid- to upper-90's. Tomorrow it's supposed to be over 100 degrees and then it's supposed to stay in that range for awhile. (At least we're not as bad as Arizona, whose heat wave has been producing temperatures in the 120+ range.)

Thank you, climate change.


The rest of the week should be fun. Lecture then therapy tomorrow. More doctors on Thursday and Friday.

Yawn!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Howdie Rosa, hope today is better.
I really need to go to the doctor. I started writing about Ryan and his pre-existing/Obamacare idea, but I better shut up because I'm depressing myself.
I think I just woke up too early!

Rosa said...

Good morning, Carol! I'm in an uber-boring anatomy lecture this morning listening to the instructor drone on as I read blogs. Modern education! Yawn.

I can't pay attention to Ryan anymore. Every time I see his stupid smug face my blood pressure goes up. Not worth it!

Have a great day!