Monday, July 25, 2016

Quick Monday Update

The last 24 hours were a bit of a gauntlet.

I was up late last night finishing up my case studies for pathophysiology. I got to bed around 2:30 and got up at 5:45 for the A&P exam. (It's too late to drop the class, so I'm trying to keep an F from appearing on my transcript by at least collecting some points.)

Dave drove me to class because my vertigo has been making it difficult for me to drive. On the way to campus, we stopped and got lattes and breakfast sandwiches at Starbucks.

I went in, took the exam cold with not a single minute of studying and got a 50%. (I am absolutely unfamiliar with the endocrine system, which was what the exam was about.) I talked to one of the women I know who studied like crazy for the exam, and she got a 62%, so I don't feel all that bad. Not that I did anyway, even before knowing that.

After, I came home and tried to take a nap. Tried and failed, that is. I got to sleep around 11:00 and slept for a little over two hours. I had to get up and take a shower and so on and do some reviewing for my pathophysiology exam. I ran once through my study cards, had a decaf coffee and fixed myself something to eat (beans with cheese and sour cream and a tortilla), and got ready to go.

Dave also drove me to class where I took the exam (I'll be happy if I get a B on this one) and then sat through three hours of lecture. This was the last lecture of the semester in this class! The next time we meet, it's for the final exam. At the end of class, we got the back the graded exams that we took last week. I did very well, thankfully. More than doubled the score I got on this morning's A&P exam, actually.

I came home and Dave and I had a late supper of veggie cheeseburgers with avocado and sauteed onions. Then we shared a celebratory doughnut.

And that was my day. It was a bit rough and a bit tedious, but it's just about over.

No comments: