Friday, July 29, 2016

Rainy Days

We had insane rain this afternoon and the incoming storm did my head in. I have a splitting headache behind my left eye.

It could also be because my sleep schedule is in the toilet again. I was up until about 5 a.m. and got up shortly after Dave left for work around 7:00. I could not get back to sleep! And the morning was made worse by a panic attack that made me feel like I was having a stroke. So that was fun, battling that.

I took some Benadryl and sacked out around noon, woke up at about 2:45 in the afternoon. I did a minuscule amount of studying and then took a shower and got dressed. Dave came home just as I was getting out of the shower and we decided to call Chris and Lu Ann to see if they wanted to come out to dinner.

They did, so we met them and had Mexican food. Poor Lu Ann just had braces put on and her mouth is making her miserable. She got to eat some soft foods. Me? I had tacos. (Sorry, Lu Ann!)

While we were having dinner, the sky opened up and began dumping buckets of rain. One of the servers opened the blinds that had been closed against the afternoon sun. We like to look at rain in the desert southwest. It's a treat.

After dinner, we parted ways and I asked if Dave wanted to go clothes shopping. (I hate shopping for clothes and he does too, but I do need some new clothes.) We ended up going to four different stores and I bought four pairs of pants and two shirts, a huge haul for me. Everything is on clearance, so I only spent a little over $100. A mid-summer miracle!

Now I'm nursing my headache and studying is the wolf knocking at my door.

No comments: