Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Fall

20160822_173053.jpg
(Another piece out of the kiln, ready to move on to the next stage.)

Fall is in the air, a bit. The temperatures have dropped down from the 90s and 100s into the 80s--at night, it even drops down into the 60s. The garden is starting to look a little scruffy and overgrown. The cottonwoods in the Bosque have started--just barely--to turn.

I'm thinking a bit of nesting, getting the casita ready, settling in for winter. Yesterday we stopped at Cost Plus--just to look, honest--and I came home with burnt orange colored cushions for our kitchen chairs (I sat on a pillow all last semester for hour after hour of studying, our wooden chairs are very sturdy but hard on the rump), a small red and white woven rug, and a new desk. Yes, a new desk! It's a small, rustic, secretary desk, only 28 inches or so across, that has two little drawers to tuck away little things. It took the place of one of our small bookshelves--only now I have to figure out what do do with the books that were on that small bookshelf.

When we got home from Costco, we set up the desk (luckily it didn't require assembly as they sold us the floor model), then I got on Amazon and ordered a yellow-green cover for our little chair (the cats have shredded the arms), a padded stool to use at my new little desk (a chair would take up too much room), and a bedspread made from recycled cotton Indian saris, vivid orange with printed flowered designs.

I want some new art to hang on the walls, too, maybe even some of my own. So we'll see.

That was my post-therapy retail therapy.

Speaking of therapy: Ugh.

In related news, I recently started taking Wellbutrin and, after a little less than two weeks, went off the Wellbutrin. The positives were great, but the negatives were terrifying. I'm not sure if I'm going to ask Dr. Shmoo for something else. This is one of the worst times of year for me, for whatever reason.

No comments: