Thursday, October 20, 2016

Dusting Zeno's Paradox

Did you see that presidential debate? Hillary cleaned Donald Trump's motherfucking clock! It was a joyful thing to watch if, like me, you take delight in watching a bully get his comeuppance. He slunk away surrounded by his family of Aryan-esque mutants.

So that was good.

While I listened to the debate on my headphones, I started the distasteful job of dusting the bookshelves. I hate to dust! I shouldn't complain since I only do it about once a year, but ugh! And it stirred up enough dust that I was itchy by the time the debate was over. Unfortunately, I only got half-way through the shelves (I'm a very thorough duster), so I had to continue today. I got halfway through what was left. Tomorrow I'll either finish or get halfway through with the rest. If I only keep doing half of the half, I may never get done.

So that was exciting.

The other thing I did today was take my brother to pick up his truck. It cost slightly less than he was expecting, which is good, but it was still a big chunk of change, which is bad. Dave and I got him a Club, one of the steel bars that locks on the steering wheel. The truck has a removable device that prevents it from being started while it's parked, which is why the thieves weren't successful last time. But that device sits below the dash where it can't be easily seen. Hopefully the bright red bar on the steering wheel will act as a visual deterrent and save him having to pay for the next fool.

After we picked up the truck, we went by Walmart. My brother had to pick up some prescriptions and I figured I'd get Halloween candy. But, man, their Halloween candy was a little too pricey for my blood. I know everyone thinks Walmart is so cheap, but no. I didn't want to pay $15 for 155 piece bag of candy. I'll check Costco.

After that, we stopped and picked up some burritos for a late lunch. I got a chicharrone and bean burrito and ate half (they are very salty). My brother got carne adobada.

Dave came home early today and we had an early dinner (veggie cheeseburgers, sweet potato waffle fries, salad) and then I did my time on the stationary bike. After, I was craving a vanilla ice cream cone (my weakness), so we went out for one.

Saba is still feeling pretty crappy. She's outside now, though it worries me to have her go outside because she is so sick that I don't want anything to happen to her. We took her collar off her because she was getting so thin that it was rubbing bald spots into the fur around her neck, poor thing. But that also means that if she wanders off, she won't be able to be identified. I think we're just going to have to keep her inside for a few weeks until the chemo drug starts working and she gains some weight and starts feeling better.

2 comments:

Helen said...

I only saw bits of the debate on Facebook or the news, but it sounded like Hillary kept her cool and the other person lost it again. He's scary! I just hope the rest of your country feels like you do.

Don't have to buy Halloween candy here...no trick or treating, although some places are starting to do it in malls.

I could go for a vanilla ice cream cone. Wonder if F would go for it?

Have a good weekend. I'm off tomorrow for a couple of days....

Rosa said...

Hi Helen,

Yes, she did! I was very proud. And she is leading in the polls, which is great. Fingers crossed.

The nice thing about not buying candy is that then there is no candy in the house to eat. Sugar is my kryptonite. (Which is why we go out for ice cream! Even F must have his price....is he bribable? :D

Have a great trip! I do so envy you all the traveling you're doing these days.

-Rosa