Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Quickies

So.

It's been about four days since I updated. The big stuff going on:

Kitty

Saba is slowly making gains. She had the stitches removed from one eye since the ulcers were almost completely healed on that eye. The other eye remains stitched up and, since the ulcers are persisting, she had to have the covering on her cornea slightly abraded in an effort to prompt the tissue there to regenerate. If that doesn't work, she'll have a more aggressive abrasion done to that eye. Sigh. But! She is gaining some strength and a little bit of weight and her stubborn personality is re-emerging, thank goodness.

School Stuff, Etc.

My final exam is due in three days and once I turn that in, I'm freeeee!!! Until January 16th--though I have to spend a chunk of time doing things to get ready for clinicals. This week and next I'm trying to round up all my immunization records and get the immunizations that I'm lacking. That is nerve-wracking for me. I've had most of them before, but I'm long overdue, and I hate getting shots of anything. (It's not the shot part that bothers me, it's the anything part that bothers me.)

Christmas

Christmas is fast approaching. My family is not doing gifts this year. We'll probably go out for dinner together, maybe Chinese food. (David is responsible for buying gifts for his own family, so I leave that to him.) Our Christmas tree this year is a rosemary plant trimmed into a cone shape. We had one of these type of Christmas tree a few years ago. I hung it with a string of some cheap silvery plastic beads I had and a few homemade earrings as ornaments and the close up pictures I took of it looked so much like a real tree that when I told my aunt that we hadn't had a real Christmas tree in over ten years, she called me a liar, citing the photographs as evidence that we had a real tree! Lol.

Election News

I'm so sick of Donald Trump already, I want to scream. I donated to Jill Stein's recount efforts, too, not because I think it will change anything but because it embarrasses Trump and his ilk to be challenged and I want to be a part of that. I'll give more, too, to keep the ball rolling. I only wish Democratic Party leaders were fighters and not capitulators. I want them to make Trump's life miserable for four years. At the very least.

Etc.

We're off to dinner with friends tonight, the first socializing we've done since Saba got sick really. I'm looking forward to it. We're dashing out for Indian food between her 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. tube feedings.

  


No comments: