Saturday, April 22, 2017

Just a Quick Saturday Catch-Up

It's early Saturday morning and I am in bed with my electronic devices: computer, Kindle, cell phone.

So far this morning:

I've  looked at Twitter for as long as I can stand to. I looked long enough to see the latest stupidity of the Trump administration, his installation of his grasping, greedy children into the White House as unelected "secretaries," a move worthy of Sadam Hussein or Kim Jong-il. In the wake of his massive failures and the revelations of his collusion with Russia to cheat at the election, the idiots who voted for him have suddenly, largely gone silent. I hope they're embarrassed. If only the cost of his horrific, racist, sexist policies and treason could be borne by Trump voters alone. But it's not. All of us will pay the price for their short-sighted stupidity. I can't wait until he's impeached.

On my Kindle is Alec Baldwin's autobiography, Nevertheless: A Memoir. I bought it late yesterday and have read about 40% of it. (It's not a challenging read.) I want it to be better than it is, but it's the first non-school related reading I've done in months, so I'm fine with it.

I also got online yesterday and did a bit of shopping. Sephora is having it's annual sale for its frequent buyers--I just barely make it into the club by buying skincare stuff each year--so I stocked up on skincare, the Clinique products that I found, through an expensive trial-and-error process, work on my bone dry, rosacea-prone skin. It's always shocking to me how a few jars of cream can cost what they do, but it's better than walking around with a painfully dry, flaking face.

Dave took the day off yesterday and we had a lazy day around the house. I have seriously spent a lot of time just lazying in bed reading or surfing the internet or watching movies. I have nine days left of my break and I have lots of things to get done in that time...

No comments: