Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Trickster and Her Bag of Tricks

It was a busy day today.

The dogs got me up a little after 5. Well, not really. I mean, I got up to go to the bathroom and normally I would have gone back to bed since I don't usually feed them until around 7 or 7:30, but they were so excited at the prospect of breakfast at 5:21 that I just fed them. Made their day, actually.

Dave had a clarinet lesson in the morning, came home in the snow. Yes, snow.

I got ready while he was gone. When he came home, he gave Saba her second breakfast, then we went off for lunch at our favorite little Japanese restaurant. We shared a tempura appetizer and I had kara-age and Dave had tofu curry. It was very good and very fast.

We had to take our newer car in for some service work (headlight change, oil change, etc.), so I followed Dave in our old car to the dealership and after we dropped that car off, we came home to check on Saba.

Since Dave had driven the newer car, I drove us home in the older car. As I turned into the driveway, I was shocked to see a coyote standing in our front yard. Yes, a coyote.

Of course it ran off, but it was strange to see one in the middle of the day. In the middle of a strange day.

After we had checked on Saba, we went out again to the museum. There has been an exhibit of collage art that I wanted to see for some time now. (It's been going on for six months, and May 22 is the last day, but I knew if I put off going any longer, I would never go.) There were four artists total, two of whom I am familiar with, one of whom we have purchased work from. I love collage.

After seeing the exhibit, we came home again, then went out again to pick up the car and came home again.

There was some afternoon napping then some pizza making. Then we had to change Saba's bandage.

So it was a long, busy day.

And I didn't even tell about the ghost yet! Yes, a ghost.

2 comments:

Helen said...

It does sound like an interesting day. A ghost? Do tell!

Rosa said...

Hi Helen!

I know, right? But I don't know if it's really a ghost!