All the usual suspects. About 2/3 of them are finally finished enough that they won't go through any more firings. From now, I think I'll try different finishes on them, wax and such. I don't want them shiny the way a fired clear coat would make them, but I don't want them so matte and thirsty-surfaced either.
2. We woke up to a slight dusting of snow which burned off by 7:30. It was gray gray and rained on and off all day. It was also cold all day. The cats snuggled up in front of the heater and napped most of the day.
3. I spent most of my day cleaning and organizing things 'round the casita. My arm wasn't feeling great from all the activity yesterday, so I focused on smaller projects, dusting and rearranging bookshelves, decluttering and reorganizing the baskets on the bathroom shelves, dusting off the shoe rack near the front door and sweeping, and so on. Just little projects like that.
4. When Dave came home, I asked him to help me hang a bunch of things that I framed at the beginning of the summer and then put in a pile to be hung eventually. Now six months later, they're finally up on the walls! They're mostly a collection of prints and such because I'm not one for hanging family photographs. (I don't like the feeling of being watched all the time by people I know.) I also don't have any Dia de Los Muertos art either. Dave asked if I wanted to hang a calavera print up and I said no. Even though I work the calavera angle pretty hard in my own work, I don't like hanging calavera prints for the same reason I don't have family photographs up.
5. For dinner, we went out for pizza with my older brother and sat and chatted about movies. He just rented Guardians of the Galaxy (which I really liked), but hasn't watched it yet. That reminds me that I need to return his copy of Pacific Rim to him. I've only had that for about eight months. Ay yi yi.
6. When I got home, there was a message on my phone that a package for me had been delivered to the wrong address. (My phone number was on the label, so the woman down the street called to let me know her husband would drop it off while he was out walking the dog.) The package was from Sephora. Yay! Sephora sent me a gift card for being such a good customer, so I used it to pick up a lip brush and lip liner for my mother as well as a NARS lipstick for myself.
8. I am kind of a lipstick addict. I love blood red lipstick, the darker the better--but I almost never wear lipstick and I almost never--as in really, never--wear red lipstick. I was telling Dave this and he laughed because I buy a new red lipstick every few weeks probably. I have bought three in the past two weeks and I own at least a dozen right now. (I'm afraid to count them though; it's probably more than that.) Anyway, the point of the story is that my frivolous New Year's resolution is to run myself out of red lipstick by wearing it all day, every day.
9. Here are five things that made me happy today:
- My new NARS lipstick in "Scarlet Empress" (Sephora says it's "a semi-matte blue red")
- Pizza for dinner with Dave and my brother.
- Snow! And rain!
- Reorganizing our bookshelves and realizing that there's five or six books that I want to read.
- Art! Framed art! On the walls! Finally!