Sunday, July 27, 2014

Where to Begin?

Dave and I have left the studio and are embarking on a whole new adventure, working in the small studio of a friend. I spent the day cleaning out that studio (it's been used as a shop/studio in the past, but not for a few years). Tomorrow we'll start moving in.

I'm tired of telling the story of why we left the studio, but I will say that it has to do with gender-based pay inequity.  That's enough for me to pack my shit and go. Why support a business that practices that, especially when I can find a business or place to work that doesn't?

2 comments:

Helen said...

Can't argue with that...plus new studio equals new ideas and challenges?! I hope it's a good move for you both.

Good luck with it :-)

Rosa said...

Thanks, Helen! I'm feeling very hopeful about the whole situation.

:)