Monday, October 20, 2014

Bad Hair Life

I have this little personal fantasy that I am good at everything. This is obviously not remotely true. The long but partial list of things that I am not good at include sports and sportsmanlike behavior, compromise, and being patient with myself and others.  I am also not good at girly-girl things like makeup, nail stuff, and hair things.

See, for example, this:

20141019_170637.jpg

This is a not-good-at-hair and not-good-at-sculpting-hair combo in action.

I made this bust precisely for that reason. I know I need to figure out this hair thing, if not for my own sake, at least for the sake of the calaveritas, who I imagine want these insane, complicated beehives and victory rolls and bobbed flapper cuts.

20141019_170632.jpg

She even looks a bit nervous about the whole thing, don't you think?

I thought I would try a garland of roses, so I started to sculpt a few, but I'm not happy with them. She doesn't want flowers, she wants hair--or, more accurately, a hairstyle.
20141019_170621.jpg

We'll see.

So the big excitement for today is reaching day 10 of our 30 day decluttering challenge. On day 1, Dave and I each tossed out one thing. Easy. On day 2, we each tossed out two things. On day 3, three things, and so on. Today we each tossed out 10 things. So we've each tossed out 55 things, a combined 110 things gone from our lives. (Note that when I say "tossed" I really mean that we have thrown away, recycled, or donated as is called for by each item.)

The big excitement for tomorrow is that Dave's wheel is going to be delivered to the new studio! Yay! The thing is apparently crated and weighs 300 pounds, so we'll see how this goes. But it's finally going to be here.

2 comments:

Ruthy said...

She does look nervous:) But maybe she should be nervous. Like when a new hairdresser starts combing through her hair and their ideas just don't seem to jive?;)

Love you

Rosa said...

Hmmmm! Maybe I'll just stick with the flowers! :D