Wednesday, December 3, 2014

La Tierra

I was putzing around the studio this past weekend and made a few more little masks to play around with in subsequent firings.

20141130_124519.jpg

20141130_124425.jpg

1. Today is Wednesday and the day started out at the dentist, which I do not like. I'm not happy ever to be going to the dentist.

2. After the dentist I went to Target and wandered around a bit. I bought three packages of the disposable paper bowls that we use to feed the cats. I bought Neutrogena liquid face soap. I bought two large containers of Fage yogurt. I bought a bunch of bananas. I bought two packages of cheddar cheese because it's half the price at Target that we pay at our local hippy-dippy co-op for the same cheese. I bought three Amy's frozen dinners. I bought a package of crappy chocolate covered cherries. On the way out I bought a decaf soy latte at Starbucks.

3. I took the long way home, driving along Rio Grande Boulevard, just to see if there were any cranes in the fields. There were no cranes, but there were scads of Canada geese in two of the fields, and in the middle of a third field, a lone fox trotting along on some errand.  I've never seen a fox outside of a zoo.  I wish I had a tail like a fox.

4. I came home and unpacked everything. Then I drank a liter bottle of San Pellegrino and ate one of the frozen dinners, the pasta cheddar bowl.

5. I put a show on Netflix (Jim Gaffigan Mr. Universe) to distract The Brain and I took a 90 minute nap.

6. When I woke up, I took my meds and ate two chocolate covered cherries, which made me feel almost instantly terrible.

7. I tried for awhile to get back to sleep. I haven't been sleeping well. I don't know if it's the change in the weather or PMS or the full moon or what. I just haven't been able to stay asleep at night. I couldn't sleep, so I got up, ate a snack (cheese and tortilla chips), and got ready to go pick up Dave from work.

8. I drove along Rio Grande Boulevard again, not expecting to see and not seeing any foxes.

9. We stopped for BBQ take-out on the way home. We bought "moist" (ie, fatty) brisket, a baked potato, coleslaw, corn, bean salad, a bottle of sauce, and a rice krispy treat. The woman taking our order asked if we wanted bread and I said sure and she wrapped up a ridiculous amount of bread, about eighteen slices of bread. I'm not sure what that was about.

10. It's raining.

No comments: