Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sunday & Monday, Tuesday So Far

Sunday & Monday

We had another pilates class Sunday night. Judi had to cancel, so it was just Dave and me. It was a fun, intense workout. I'm kind of sore today.

I was looking up pilates online, looking for videos to review. Turns out that pilates is used by a lot of ballet dancers, I suspect as strength training that doesn't carry the same risk of injury that weight lifting does. The moves are very dance-like, an alien concept to me. Sometimes I don't even recognize what muscles the moves are supposed to work.

Anyway, we came home from our class and had a quick pasta dinner (whole wheat fusilli and rigatoni mixed together since they were the tag ends of two bags, soy-based "meat" balls, salt-free jarred pasta sauce, Parmesan cheese, and frozen broccoli).  I was so tired that I changed into my pajamas and went to bed right after dinner.

I slept until about 1:30, woke up, and couldn't get back to sleep. I sat up and watched youtube videos and read gossipy garbage on the internet about the Grammy and Bafta award shows.

Later in the early morning hours, I made Dave's lunch (leftover pasta, yogurt with strawberries and blueberries, crudite) and made my own breakfast (banana with soy-nut butter, yogurt, and plain leftover pasta with an egg on top).  Finally, I got in a nap.

I did some household chores and make dinner (lentil salad, quinoa, and a mix of roasted Brussels sprouts, onions, carnivale squash, and potatoes) which was prep-intensive, but which can all be served at room temperature. I'm don't normally like lentils, but I want to learn to like them, so we ordered some organic French green lentils in our CSA box awhile ago, and I've been trying to use them up. I'm still meh on them though. Anyway, one cup of dry lentils expands to fill an entire punch bowl it seems, so we'll be eating lentils for many, many days. Good thing they're healthy, otherwise they'd have nothing much else to recommend them.

After I prepped dinner, I sat down to watch last night's episode of "Better Call Saul" on Amazon prime. I'm in the middle of that now, watching on and off as I do other things. It's an interesting show so far and I like the character of Saul and I like the actor, Bob Odenkirk, who plays him. So we'll see.

Tuesday So Far

I fell asleep last night listening to an episode of Jazz, the Ken Burns documentary that I've been watching on Netflix. I dreamed that Dave and I were in a jazz club, getting ready to perform. Dave was playing his clarinet and I was supposed to sing. When it came time to sing, I couldn't.  There was more to the dream, but that's what I remember most strongly about it.

I'm baching it again, so I went to Lotaburger for my linner (late lunch/early dinner) and had an itsaburger with double meat and cheese, seasoned fries, and a big diet Pepsi. While I ate, I read gossip on the internet and got into a comment dust-up over the representation of women in films. I need to learn to stay out of internet comment sections, but it's so fun to argue! People get really worked up which makes me laugh.

Earlier in the day, I did a little bit of work outside on the patio, pulling up dead plants and starting to empty pots from last year so that we can start prepping for this year's plants. We were at the hardware store this past weekend and they already have pansies for sale! Can you believe it? I think I may have to go pick some up. While I was pulling up dead bits of plants, I uncovered some new growth on the potted catnip. Saba was thrilled! She ran over and had a good munch on some green stuff. That reminds me, though, that I need to do a bit of watering out there.

There's still lots of clean up to get done on the patio, but at least I got started. I filled up a whole large black plastic garbage bag with detritus. I'm sure I'll easily fill up a couple more at least.

All late morning and afternoon, I could hear flocks of sandhill cranes calling to each other as they went overhead on their way back up north. They know the drill.

No comments: