Friday, March 20, 2015

Tedium

Wednesday night I got up after about an hour sleep, waking up around 11:30 at night and then staying up all night and into the morning, finally falling asleep around 11:30 a.m. and sleeping until almost 5:00 p.m.

I hate that cycle, but it repeats itself every few weeks in my life, when everything flips around. (Tonight, for example, I fell asleep around 9:00 pm and woke up at midnight. It's not like I didn't try to go back to sleep, I just could not get The Brain to quiet down, so now I'm up.)

I did get a few things done in there though.

Thursday

Thursday began in the middle of the night. I read and watched a few youtube videos, took my medications and had a 3:00 a.m. breakfast of...what did I eat? Oh, it was a cheese sandwich made with jarlsberg, avocado, tomato and mustard on low-sodium bread.  After awhile I had some yogurt with frozen blueberries, raisins and honey and a cup of coffee.

I had forgotten that I was going to drive my mother to a doctor's appointment in the morning, but luckily Dave had left me a note to remind me. My mother drives just fine of course, but her doctor's office is at the university, so the parking situation is ridiculous. I go and drop her off and then either go for a coffee at one of the ubiquitous nearby coffee shops or I go and sit in the park and read. This time I opted to go sit at the park. I stayed in the car, though, and sketched a few ideas for sculptures into my notebook, played games on my phone, and read a bit from the novel I'm reading (The Constant Sinner by Mae West--yes, that Mae West).

We were going to meet my aunt for lunch but we got our times mixed up, so I told my mother I probably just needed to come home and sleep. Which I did. I had a bit of yogurt with raisins and honey before I went back to bed.

I woke up a few minutes to five in a panic, thinking Dave was going to be home soon and I didn't have anything prepared for dinner! Half-asleep, I texted him asking if he wanted to bring home something from Dion's and he was fine with it. Only later when I was more awake, did I realize that it's his late night and he wasn't going to be home until almost 7:00. There would have been plenty of time to rustle something up for dinner. 

I was fine with not cooking though, so we stuck to the hastily hatched plan. I ordered sandwiches (green chile and cheese with lots of veggies for Dave and a roast beef and provolone for me) and a salad online and, in a moment of weakness, added in one of their brownies for me. (I had never tried them and, having tried them, don't need to have one again. They're only okay, not worth the calories.)  While I was waiting on dinner, I did some dishes and cleaned up the kitchen a bit.

I gave the cats their dinner and went to let them out to find that it had been raining for a bit. Yay, more rain!

Dave came home with our food and we sat down to eat. After dinner we picked up a package that UPS had delivered to Kelly's house, three books for me that I ordered after reading about them in the John Bradshaw book I'm reading. Kelly also told us about a show at the museum of contemporary Albuquerque artists that i want to go see. Maybe on Saturday, while Dave's at his lesson.

I came in, looked over my new books, and then got online to check my email. I felt so sleepy that I just fell asleep even though I had only been up for about four hours! I slept about three hours and that leads us to now-ish. It's the middle of the night and I'm up. I'll be up the rest of the night, too...

So tedious.

No comments: