Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thursday's Come and Thursday's Gone

This morning, I got up a little before 6:00 a.m., fed the cats, took my medication, and packed Dave's breakfast and lunch. Today he took yogurt and berries (straw-, blue-, and rasp-), an apple, vegetables (baby carrots, slices of English cucumber, and grape tomatoes), and a quesadilla made with cheddar cheese and whole wheat tortillas. I packed some salsa and sour cream on the side for him to dip the quesadilla into.  Since I can't eat until an hour after I take my medication, I prepped my breakfast (also yogurt and berries) and some vegetables to have for lunch.

After Dave left, I tried to get a bit more sleep but failed miserably. Oh well. Instead, I played with the cats for awhile and then I spent some time online. When it was finally time to have breakfast, I added some seven grain cereal to my yogurt and berries and ate. I also had a cup of half-caf coffee with sugar in it. (We're out of milk. We've been out of milk for awhile.)  After all that, The Brain was sure that it was still hungry so I ate a banana and drank another cup of coffee.

I don't know where the morning went. Where do mornings go? I did a few dishes, enough to clear out and clean the sink, watched a few TED talk videos on Netflix, then I took a shower and got dressed. I even put on makeup today even though I wasn't planning on going anywhere. Around noon, I had lunch, the veggies I packed earlier and leftover pasta topped with a chopped up hard-boiled egg and some cheddar and Parmesan cheese. I had a caffeine-free diet Pepsi with lunch.

In the afternoon, I did a few things.

First, I called and made an appointment with a new dentist. I'm leaving my last dentist, who I used to really like. There were a lot of strange things going on in the office in the last year or two though: two of the hygienists that I really liked quit suddenly and were replaced by two substandard hygienists. And the dentist herself suddenly became very pushy with me and started telling me that I need four cleanings a year and some expensive but not strictly necessary procedure. (I don't like being told what I'm going to do. I'd rather be given a choice, especially when I'm paying for it.) So I'm switching to another dentist.

Next, I called a new therapist. It's that time again (the time of year when I sometimes start to sink). The new therapist was recommended to me by my primary care physician and I'm going to give her a try. It's stupidly expensive, but if she can help, it will be worth it. I called and spoke to her and made an appointment for next week.

While I did all that, I also did some laundry.

I don't know if I've ever told you about our washing machine. It's very small, an apartment-sized thing that doesn't hold very much. The fill sensor malfunctioned on it, so Dave wired it up to a switch and now you have to flip a switch to tell it when to fill and when to stop filling. If you don't flip the switch it either does nothing or it keeps filling and filling until it overflows. So that's fun. It means that laundry takes a long time to do and requires even more attention than usual. (And I'm not a laundry person to begin with. If it were up to me, clothes would be disposable. We would all have a uniform, the same thing every day, and we'd wear it a few times and then burn it.)

Anyway, I'm in the middle of my third load of laundry right now and I'll try to do one more after. Four loads of laundry is enough for one day, I think.

As I was hanging laundry outside, I had a sneezing fit and ended up taking a half a benadryl. Of course that means that now I feel like a zombie. I hate the feeling; Whenever I take benadryl, I always feel like The Brain is going to get stuck in that numbed, lethargic feeling. It will never pass and I'll forever be a zombie.  How awful would it be to have that become the new normal?

It's five thirty now. Dave should be home soon and I'm thinking of ordering a pizza for dinner. Despite our Costco run last night, we are sorely lacking in anything but yogurt, vegetables and fruits. I'm as happy as the next person to have all those things, but I also feel like a proper meal (pizza, ha!) is important.

Later

We did end up having pizza for dinner. Well, Dave did anyway. I had buffalo chicken wings and garlic toast with marinara sauce to dip them in. The pizza place messed up our order--the pizza didn't have any green chile on it, the wings were missing their blue cheese dressing--but I don't care. At least I didn't have to cook!

There's one last load of laundry to hang up. Dave said he'd do it though, so I might try to sneak in a little nap before bedtime.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Eeep - I wrote a reply and it disappeared!

Rosa said...

Oh no! I *hate* it when that happens. Grrr.