Sunday, April 12, 2015

Abbreviated Sunday

I was up in the middle of the night anyway, so I read for a little while and then went ahead and did the dishes. I had took my meds, had breakfast, spent some time online, wrote in my journal. All the things you do in the middle of the night.

I fell asleep again around 8:00 a.m. and slept until around 1:30 in the afternoon. When I woke up, Dave had just finished lunch and had slathered himself in sunscreen because he was on his way out to work in the garden. He borrowed Kevin's baby electric tiller and tilled both raised beds. While he worked on that, I cleaned the bathroom and did a few loads of laundry. We had a pilates class at 4:15, so at 3:00, we stopped what we were doing, ate a quick snack of yogurt and strawberries, then had showers and got dressed for class.

Our pilates instructor was not terribly hard on us today, thankfully. We did a lot of ab work, as usual, and some awful thing called The Grasshopper on the high ladder barrel that was awful enough that I only managed to do it twice. (The worst part was balancing head downward while the barrel pressed into my stomach, which was horribly uncomfortable.) The rest of the workout was routine. I feel like I'm getting stronger with each lesson.

After pilates, we stopped at Whole Foods and picked up a few things. We bought lots of strawberries and blueberries, cat food, and fixings to make tacos for dinner tomorrow night. I'm going to make some salsa fresca to go on the tacos, so we bought tomatoes, cilantro, and a jalapeno. (The CSA box had onions in it this week, so we didn't need any.) Whole Foods was crawling with people--and I don't know if it's just me, but the Whole Foods crowd really seems to excel at being annoying and clueless--so we didn't linger. That, and we were both pretty hungry and I wanted to get dinner made right away.

At home, I started cooking while Dave put away the groceries and helped wash and prep vegetables. For dinner, we had omelets stuffed with sauteed spinach, big bowls of green salad, and steamed cauliflower, broccoli, and broccolette. Dave put a ton of cheddar on his omelet, and I had a bit of chevre on mine.

After dinner, we fed the worms, did more laundry, raked the garden soil to even it out, and started the hose running to wet things down. The topsoil we have is practically water-repellent, so it takes a couple of days to get it soaked enough to plant in.

Dave is practicing his clarinet now, and I'm watching a couple of episodes of Bob's Burgers. I have to get up in a few minutes and turn off the hose.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Monday morning, Rosa:
Watcha reading?
And, are you on Goodreads?

Rosa said...

Hi Carol!

I think I may have signed up for Goodreads years ago, but I never became an active member.

I'm still slowly making my way through Pioneer Girl.

How about you? Read any good books lately?

Carol said...

I so want to get my hands on Pioneer Girl - but I haven't been to the library recently. I used to read all of LIW every late autumn/winter. This year and last I didn't - probably because we also had very Long Winters.

Nah, not too many good books lately - read an anthology of short stories and loved a few and was very disappointed by others.

The problem (not that it is really a problem, but it is a problem because I don't get to the library) is that my husband works at a book warehouse, so he brings home books that have the front cover ripped off, so I read those as they are at hand. So my 'to read' list isn't slimming down at all!