Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I'm Molting! I'm Molting!

Wednesday was yet another laundry day. Surprise, surprise. I'm almost finished. I may throw in the towel, though--throw it into the washing machine with our other towels. Our towels definitely need it!

My allergies are back, too, dragging their old friends sneezy and lethargy with them. I'm staying off the antihistamines until I get desperate, but between the pollen and the wind, it has not been fun.

The weather has been very unsettled and unsettling. It climbs into the upper 70s during the day and drops into the 30s at night, an unusually precipitous drop, even here in the desert. The days start out sunny then the clouds roll in in the late morning or early afternoon. We haven't had any rain, it's just the wind pushing the dark clouds around the sky. I don't think any of it is atypical for this time of year, but I'm wanting more sunshine. (Remind me I said this when, in June, the sun is beating down and it gets into the 90s and 100s.)

I've been having the craziest dreams too, like, really dense and lifelike. Last night, I dreamt I was in a kind of control room while someone demonstrated the newest cell phone technology to me. When I napped in the afternoon, I dreamt about talking with someone about some kind of bond issue--I think. The dreams feel like I'm not at the center of them, but part of a larger dream that I am only seeing and participating in a small part of. It's a strange feeling, even in the dream.

I've been having trouble eating enough, even on--or especially on--my diet. (I know it seems weird to complain about dropping weight too quickly, but that is precisely what I'm complaining about. Thirteen pounds in two weeks is too fast.) In an effort to eat a bit more, we went out for dinner last night with my brother to the excellent and no frills Chinese place. (It is seriously no frills. They serve everything in styrofoam take-out containers.) I shared an order of spicy broccoli and one of tofu and vegetables with Dave. My brother had sweet and sour chicken. Yes, it was mostly rice and vegetables, but I was so stuffed after we ate that I felt soporific, lulled into submission by white rice.

After dinner, we all wandered around Costco in a daze. Dave and I loaded up our basket with lots and lots of fruits and vegetables. We brought home strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cucumbers, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, bananas, and D'Anjou pears. We also bought lots of Greek yogurt, three big six-serving containers. I also picked up a three-pack of fuzzy socks to wear to pilates.

At home, we put everything away and I did a bit of cleaning and rearranging in the kitchen. While I was doing that, I did another load of laundry and then made Dave's lunch for Thursday.

In anticipation of tonight's freezing temperatures, Dave brought our little transplants inside.

What else? Oh! Today I got my shipment of the CeraVe moisturizer, eye cream, and face lotion and the verdict after using them once is: Wow. My face feels amazing! It is much, much better than a week ago, when my skin was so dry that it hurt and I looked like I was molting.

And with that image, I bid you good night.

No comments: