Friday, April 24, 2015

T.G.I.F.

It started raining shortly after I got up this morning. Yay, rain! It's been awhile since we had rain--and best of all, it's supposed to stick around today and on and off through the weekend. Even as I write this (at about 1:30 in the afternoon), more dark clouds are rolling in and I can hear thunder in the distance. I love rain like only someone from the desert can love rain. Water falling from the sky is a happy kind of miracle.

I actually slept all night, if you can believe it. I went to bed around 11:00 and only got up once in the night. And I actually got out of the house today, too.  I met Lu Ann for lunch today at Kokoro, where I haven't been in a long time. We sat and chatted over our lunches (maguro-don for her and kara-age-don for me).

On the way home, I went by the co-op to pick up a few things. I've been in a shopping mood lately, but I resisted the urge to buy things just to buy them. I passed up an eyeshadow palette and didn't even get near the skin-care stuff. (They do have something I want there, but it's almost $10 more there than if I buy it from Amazon or Sephora.) Anyway, I've been doing a bit more decluttering recently, inspired by Marie Kondo's book, so I'd hate to turn around and just start re-cluttering as I'm de-cluttering.

Whoa! It just now started hailing!

I'm back at home now, sitting with the door open, listening to the booming thunder, watching the hail and rain come down. A hummingbird just came 'round the feeder and right up to the door and looked in. I wonder where they shelter when it hails; they seem like such small creatures to be making their way in such a big world. I suppose it's why they're so tough and fearless.

Later in the afternoon, I watched a couple of episodes of Louis, Louis C.K.'s show. I can't binge watch that show. I have to space them out because they are devastating. I think it has quietly grown into some of the best television I've ever seen. But you kind of have to be into a kind of strange, messy, pseudo-existentialism-in-action television to think that, I'm sure.

The wind kicked up in the afternoon, blowing things around the patio. What strange weather!

When Dave came home, I made him a grilled cheese sandwich while he steamed some broccoli. I had a few baby carrots while he ate; I wasn't very hungry as my lunch had been huge and, craving sugar in the afternoon, I had snacked on some watermelon and a banana.

We planned a week's worth of dinner menus while we ate. Our CSA harvest box is coming again tomorrow (we get one every other week) and then we'll start the mad dash to eat as many vegetables as we can before they go bad. We're getting kale and salad greens this week, a bunch of avocados, tomatoes, zucchini, lemons, and I don't remember what all else. We plan out a basic menu with no set days to anything and usually we stick to it about 75-80% of the time.

Let's see what else happened today? Hmmm. Not much. Just your basic day.

No comments: