Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thursday's Child

It's Thursday already?!

It was freaking cold today. It only got up to 64 degrees, and the wind blew pretty continuously all day. It even blew over one of the laundry racks outside. When that happened, two of the clothes pins on the laundry hanger broke off, which sucks. I brought that thing home with me from the Muji in NYC because hangers like that are completely unavailable here and, back when I bought it, Muji had yet to open their online store in the US. I could order a replacement from Muji, but it would cost $25, not including shipping. I only paid $15 for mine. (Well, $15 plus a trip to New York City.)

Thursday Things:

I was doing laundry and dishes when the postman came to the door today. He's a friendly guy, but he's never done that before. Unfortunately, I was still in my pajamas, hadn't even put on a bra yet (which, ugh). So that was my fun surprise for the day. Yay.

The cats and I went in and out a million times today. I was taking out our little plants after their night indoors, then I was bringing in yesterday's laundry in three trips. Then I was taking out today's laundry in three trips. The cats are never on the right side of the door either. They follow me out, then don't want to come in right away. They want to come in a minute after I close the door. Then they want to go out again. Saba has taught Gray Kitty the trick of coming inside to use the litter box. When they scratch at the door to be let in and then run immediately to the box, I'm always, like, you were outdoors! You could pee anywhere out there! But no, given their druthers, they'd prefer to come inside and use the box I have to clean.

Thursday Foods:

Here's what I ate today, not necessarily in this order:

Two egg whites, four slices of Ezekiel low-sodium bread, and 1.8 ounces of cheddar cheese.

I also ate two crimini mushrooms, a bit of onion, a bit of bell pepper, a bit of avocado, two and a half small tomatoes, and a big heap of broccoli.

I also ate a pear, a banana, frozen blueberries, fresh blueberries, one cup of Greek yogurt, baby carrots, cucumber, and celery.

I also ate a small handful of raisins and a cup of milk.

I'm forgetting something. Oh! I also had two cups of coffee and a big spoonful of flax oil for the omegas.

I had a sugar crash about halfway through pilates tonight, which is why I downed the handful of raisins. I finished the workout though, so that's good. Then I came home and drank some milk while we made dinner. (Dave had a quesadilla, I had a grilled cheese with onion and tomato. We both had a broccoli.)

I hate that low-blood sugar feeling, like the tide is going out and leaving me stranded. I have to remember to have a more substantial snack before we go to class.

Thursday Dreaming:

I had a long, long nap in the morning and early afternoon and had another one of my strange dreams. I was supposed to have an exam (I was in school) and I hadn't started to study yet--or even make up any study cards. I looked at the stack of cards and was reminded of how many things I had to memorize and then promptly forget back when I was in school. It was a very strong memory. In the dream, I had to go to the bathroom. I went in and the light was off. I knew before I turned on the light in the bathroom, that one of the people from an earlier part of the dream, a young man, was going to be in the bathtub, dead or nearly so. And then I turned on the light and there he was, in the tub, barely breathing.

That was not the end of the dream, but it's the part I remember most strongly.

No comments: