Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thursdazed

Time and I have never been friends, really. But the new battleground is the alarm function on my phone. Yesterday I had to pick up Dave at 4:45, so I set my alarm for 3:45--and I woke up at 4:23. I realized today that I had never actually set the alarm, I just entered the time I wanted to set it for but never hit the set button, so the alarm never went off. Today, I made sure that I set my alarm for 10:30 since my mom was picking me up at 12:30 and I wanted time to have a cup of coffee and a shower. When I woke up at 11:34, I was a bit surprised. I thought I had slept through my alarm, but when I checked, no. No, I had set it to go off at 10:30 on Saturday.

The Brain is not usually so careless about things like that. I think I'm just overtired from my weird sleep pattern, sleeping for a couple of hours, then getting up in the middle of the night for hours and hours, then falling asleep again in the morning. It's not fun.

I got up and there was no time for a shower of course (my mother is always early, so 12:30 really means 12:15 at the latest). I had a big cup of coffee and washed my face and did my hair. About that time I began to realize that a big cup of coffee on an empty stomach was not a good idea, so I had one of the Bartlett pears we picked up at the co-op. I did my makeup and let the cats out for a little patio time. They came in when I left, thankfully.

For lunch, my mother and I went to Five Guys and had burgers. I've never been there before, but I checked their menu online ahead of time so I knew what to expect. They've got a good set up, good burgers and fries, but unfortunately they don't have much vegetarian fare. I ended up having a Little Cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and mustard. My mom and I shared a regular order of fries and I had a diet Coke then some iced tea.

After lunch, we drove out to my aunt's place and had a visit. We stayed quite awhile and I didn't get home until 4:30 or so.

I had planned to make dinner, so I got started. I made some red quinoa to use in quinoa tabbouleh. I made the lemon, garlic, and olive oil dressing for the tabbouleh and then made a batch of hummus. I fried up some tempeh and made a Greek yogurt and baharat sauce to go on top. I chopped up the veggies for the tabbouleh (cucumbers, onions, tomato, parsley) and put everything together.

We sat down to dinner when Dave got home.

That brings us up to now, just about. I'm pretty exhausted, so I put on my pajamas and climbed into bed with my computer to watch an episode of The Blacklist.

No comments: