Sunday, April 19, 2015

Weekend Highlights (Mostly Food Related, Of Course)

Friday

I was sick on Friday, starting in the late morning. I think it was something I ate, but you almost never know with these things. My stomach finally felt a little better yesterday afternoon.

Saturday

We ordered Chinese take-out from Chopstix. We ordered so much food (rice, house tofu, spicy green beans, baby bok choi, vegetable egg rolls) that the restaurant included four fortune cookies with our order. Nope, it was just dinner for the two of us. This morning, I finished up the leftover tofu for breakfast along with a bit of the spicy green beans and baby bok choi. I also had a bit of white rice with it. Yum.

I slept most of the day, trying to make up for so many days of broken and little sleep. I fell asleep around 1:30 in the afternoon and, except for dinner and a few bathroom trips, I slept until 1:30 in the morning. So that was my exciting day.

Sunday

I woke up Sunday morning with a pain in my left shoulder from sleeping on it funny. It was one of those strange pains that seems like it's better until you move wrong and then it hurts all over again. I ended up skipping pilates because I didn't want to exacerbate the problem.  While Dave went off to class, I had a nap.

After that, we went to the studio for a short time. We loaded a bisque kiln, chatted with Paul, took Crunch for a walk.

Then it was time for dinner. We met my mom and brother at Rudy's BBQ. We snuck Dave's dinner (Quorn "chick'n nuggets," which he douses in Rudy's BBQ sauce) in and I ordered a half-rack of baby back ribs for myself. We shared orders of potato salad, bean salad, and coleslaw. My brother had smoked turkey. My mom had ribs. We chatted for a little while and then I went ahead and had a rice crispy treat for dessert. (Those things are my weakness. I love rice crispy treats.)

After dinner, Dave and I came home via the co-op. We have lots of fruits and vegetables at home, but no protein besides eggs and cheese. So we bought some tofu, tempeh, beans, and more Quorn nuggets. I also picked up some hibiscus tea.

We had planned to do a little planting in the garden, but after such a big dinner, Dave was reluctant to spend time bending over planting, so we bagged that plan!

No comments: